Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New job, new house?

Things have been quiet around here, but that's just on the blog. In real life, things have been hectic and chaotic, to no end. See, I found a new job on Craig's List and we ended up having to move clear across the state. We found ourselves a nice little house in the suburbs of the big city. We are within walking distance to all of the cute little downtown shops and restaurants and night clubs. We left my sister and her boys in charge of the farm. She's been working it for the past year anyway, so I'm sure it will be in good hands and it's just a few hour's drive, so it's not that big of a deal. It's crazy, though, how difficult it is to sleep here. I can sleep through the train coming through town a mile from the farm house, it's loud in the dead of night and when we first moved in, it did wake me up. I thought I was dreaming because the nearest train tracks were literally a mile away. Maybe I'll learn to sleep through the sounds here, but they sure are different. I went ahead and ordered some Hearing Protection Earplugs so I can fall asleep because it's just so ahrd to wake up after all of the noise and sirens and crazy commotion out there. Oh well, I guess it's just part of life.
Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment